Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mouth Ulcers!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Mouth Ulcers! Reply with quote

Basically ive got two massive ones on top left side and bottom right, both near the really pointy looking vampire tooth! And just want to know, ive tried everything for getting rid and they havent started to heal or anything. Tried bonjella, listirine mouth wash gets rid of the white stuff n then they bleed a bit, but they're just so painful, can hardly eat without my eyes watering. Crying or Very sad

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouthwash with Hot (Read: Hot as you can take, so f*cking hot) salted water.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:18 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also while you're at it you need to take a look at your diet/stress levels, as poor diet and extreme stress are a good cause of ulcers.

flat spot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're just overtired. Probably coming down with a cold or something. "Adcortyl" is the stuff you want for your ulcers. Put it on at night and things will be noticeably better in the morning. Thumbs Up

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 17:29 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people think that when you bite your lip you will definately get an ulcer, partly true but usually it will just heal up naturally, but if you are a bit run down/stressed it is more likely to turn to an ulcer.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 17:33 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are larger, or a similar size to the nail of your little finger then you should go to the doctors.

Mouth Ulcers that don't clear up and/or are large are usually a result of something else being wrong with you. It may just be that you are generally run down or tired, but it is possible that there is something more seriously wrong - ie. some kind of infection.

Are you feeling well in every other way?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 20:37 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

to fight any infection your body needs water
drink at least 2 litres a day

swilling vodka or very salt water around your mouth will help to kill the infection but might sting a bit

stop eating sugary foods as the bugs feed on sugar

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they first start, Mint Toothpaste helps/can get rid of them ( put some on your finger and rub it on )

It also takes the sting out of them aswell.

Katie
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:51 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wet you finger, dip it in salt, put it straight on the ulcer. That bad boy will sort it right out, but will probably make you cry. So .. the question is, how much of a man are you? Laughing

That's what I do anyway, dries it up and goes in about a day.

nrml76
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:46 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corsodyl mouth wash 4-6 times a day. It really works. Trust me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 10:24 - 10 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katie wrote:
Wet you finger, dip it in salt, put it straight on the ulcer.

It will really hurt though!

If it doesn't start to heal it up, then you really should get to see a doctor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Katie
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:30 - 10 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does! The trick is to dance around the kitchen going "Ohh ow, ow ow oohh ahh ow." while it stings. That's what I do. Laughing

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:22 - 10 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried salty water!!!! it was foul and stung like a bastard, stung more than when i snapped my leg in half! I do eat a bit of sugar so thats probably why i get them quite bad. My diest not the best but i do enjoy alot of fruit and water, but bit of a chocoholic too!

And yeah i have been tired and only this month recovered from a very bad stomach bug i got. So not 100% yet!

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 13:01 - 11 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like this is a recurring problem, as Annabell said see your quack,this can be a sign of something else,eg the stomach bug could still be there and causing problems in your whole digestive system. Also mention it to your dentist,he will check out the proximity of your canines to the ulcers to see if they are causing it. It may be that they are a bit sharp and rubbing on your gums,especially if you have an overbite.

Could simply be the helmet pushing your gums into the teeth at these points Question

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:58 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

And no unprotected oral sex with attractive strangers till they've healed up Shocked

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:00 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting slowly and surely healing up! Ive always had a problem with ulcers, and i have two very sharp vampire looking teeth, which i think is why i get them! I end up biting my cheek n then getting massive ulcers!

But the salty water n listirine is helping, so thanks for the advice.

Im not fully sure its gone this bug, my gf has still got it also. She got it 3 weeks after me, n still has. This is since end of january.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're always getting them, you should perhaps look at your nutrition.

I notice when I am not eating enough fruit or vegetables that the sides of my mouth get cracked, like cold sores but not. It's often a sign that you're run down. Once I start eating proper food with proper vegetables etc., instead of just pot noodles/pasta/rice/cornflakes/toast in the middle of the night Exclamation Laughing then it clears up and goes away.

The "vampire"/fang teeth are described as "canines" by dentists (for fairly obvious reasons, I would have thought).

MarkyPancake
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:38 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjela works for me when I get them. Thumbs Up

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your a masochist, try this. Dip a gumshield in salt and then suck the hell out of it. You will cry and it WILL hurt. Also notice the amout of dribble that comes out as a result. I usually think it's a good thing. Following this, i use bonjella a keep my mouth wide open. I use the gumshield because when i do get mouth ulcers, i tend to get shit loads of them at the same time due to vitamin deficiencies.

Try to eat bananas and lots of salad after. It seems to cure the ulcer quicker for me than if i'm larking about. Also, be very careful not to BITE the ulcer because it just makes it worse. If this is not alreaady apparent, then you should just try to scoop the ulcer out with a knife or summat.

Trust me, rub salt deep into the ulcer till you cry and then put bonjella over it. You'll lose all sensation of touch but it'll feel smooth.

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:05 - 13 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banana's work a treat, they usually help them clear up quicker. I have a thing for them, eat about 4/5 a day Very Happy tried the gum shield thing titz Sick its not pleasant but it works and my god ive never had my eyes water so much Shocked but they're clearing up which is a good thing.

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouth ulcers can be caused by infection, there are over 10 000 000 bacteria in your mouth, most of those are there purely to out compete pathogens (unfeindly bacteria) which you come into contact with, what starts off as a little ulcer could become larger due to these pathogens getting into the ulcer which is the same as a cut in your skin, if you are run down/tired/stressed or recovering from illness you are more at risk of ulcers, and the larger ones.

if the ulcer is particularily bad/large may be worth going to docs, though taking anti biotics for a mouth ulcer is not to be advised.

I put tooth paste on them, hurts like hell but I like the tast of bonjela and find my self inadvertently licking it off Embarassed

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Bonjela too, Aniseed Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, bit like Ouzo in a tube Very Happy Got some Pastey stuff from my Dentist plus a scrape and polish of me teeth £25 Crying or Very sad

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:42 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh the joys of being a full time student

Had my check up yesterday, had an exray, and that was it. all is well.

so to date I have no fillings, cavities or anyother nasties.

The x-ray showed that I have no lower Wisdom teeth, Result!
That's evolution for ya! Cool

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:17 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jammy gett! wish i was still in full time education, My Mrs is and she loves to gloat at me Evil or Very Mad Ah well, my Wisdom teeth are all through, and ulcers are healing nicely, just need balance my diest more and sleep better.

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

eating to much sweet stuff cause ulcers for me.

but i have been plagued with them since childhood and then i found out i was a coalic and i was allergic to wheat and gluten and that was one of the reactions my body was taking horrible fecking mouth ulcers! since i dont eat wheat or gluten anymore i dont get any of the horrid things i used to.
have it checked out anyway.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 78 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1