Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Job / Recruitment agencies

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:57 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Job / Recruitment agencies Reply with quote

Im currently at uni, but when i go home for 4 weeks at easter, then during the summer i need to work in order to pay for next years accomodation.

When using an agency can i just pick up a few weeks work as thats all ill need??

Cheers
Tom

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:58 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,

You can leave any time you want (Give them notice first tho if you want a hope of them using you again).

If this helps, Rullion, Brook Street, and Staffsign are the best ones I've dealt with in the past.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 16:45 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When signing up with a recruitment agency, make sure that they have relevent jobs in during the period that you want.

Be completely honest with them about the length of time you are available - they will appreciate this much more and should try to find you an appointment that is a suitable period.

Also, if you don't let them know, then they will continue to contact you after you become unavailable.

Key pointers working through an agency:
- check and double check your rate. If they offer you something, make sure you get the rate in writing before you accept.
- Make them promise not to send your details to anyone until they have checked that you are happy with the vacancy.
- Try to be specific about the type of work you are after, and make your CV completely relevant to this line of work.

There is no "best" agency.. other than the one I work for (obviously Wink ) get yourself registered with as many as possible, sometimes they don't all get the same jobs in and that will give you far more choice.

Good luck Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 103 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1