Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Dealing with a breakup?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Dealing with a breakup? Reply with quote

Any advice to getting over splitting up with gf? been together just over a year, and fell in love. Basically split up due to her family not liking me. She still loves me, i still love her, but her family wont let her see me again, and my mum wont let me see her again.

Just feel so so down, not stopped crying today, was fine when was out on bikes with the lads, but when i got home and im on my own it just hits me again. Crying or Very sad

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll take time mate. Then you'll get nailed and sleep with someone and that will help a little. Laughing

Seriously though, it will take time. Or your other option is to stand up to her parents. Which I would do.

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done anything to upset her parents? Is it worth going round for a man to man chat with her old man to explain how you feel?
Failing that, get yourself a good old fashioned heroin habit, that will take your mind off it.(joking!!)

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long long story, all kicked off when a biker mate of mine wanted to go meet her (gf) this was friday, so we went in, i said hi to lynz and said im going stay out your way, and she said thats fine. So was all fine, till get home and gf texts saying Dad n Her step mum werent pleased me going in, becoz they thought i was checking up on my gf, which me n her know that wasnt the case. Comes to sat i go in, me n lynz are being a bit off wi eachother, so go sit down with some lads,she comes over glass collecting, so try give her a hug, she has none of it, so obviously im a bit more annoyed and the lads im with start asking why, so i tell them whats up. And they say thats a bit weird in it, and saying do they not like you or some her family? and i dont answer, and then her dad starts having a go at that lad sayin he should not bad mouth her family then has a go at me. I didnt say anything about her family.

So ended up arguing wi him

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the lamest excuse I've heard for a while to be honest.

Her family "won't let" her see you? How they going to stop her? Lock her up? Chastity knickers? How old is this girl ffs?

If I recall your relationship has been going downhill for a while, with her wanting to go out with her friends and not see you. I think she's using her family as an excuse and trying to let you down gently.

I know it's hard, but the best thing you can do is walk away and stay away. It'll hurt, but that great cliche "time is a great healer" happens to be true. If she is your first real love you may never forget her but as you get to know other people and get on with your life it will get better.

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's playing with my head, she says she loves me and wants me back, but her family wont let her. She's 18 and she is having her family run her life for her. They were the ones that ruined this relationship. Crying or Very sad i need to get the pain away, sick of crying.

msgander
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:33 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

move on, accept that anyone who is 18 who can blame their parents, isnt worth your tears....most 18 year olds I know (including me at that age once) would have told parentswhere to go or legged it from home!

Cut ALL contact, it will get easier with time and we have all been there, its crap, you gotta go through it but time is the healer....

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:59 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww that sick of crying bit made me feel for you
ive recently been dumped too and dont have any answers but im glad i dont feel as bad as you do.

maybe you shd try to get her back
maybe you shd try to get another girl
maybe you shd be on your own for a bit and enjoy your freedom

i dont know as ive got no idea for myself either

im glad u shared with us even if some insensitive prick comes along in a bit to take the piss

just ignore them they dont know the situation anyway

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 18:02 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grow a pair..... Rolling Eyes

Absolute_Kwackers
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 19:29 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol ZRX!

know the feeling mate, its been 3 months and still not over the last female, a lot happier now still get the red mist when i see her with her BF, but eventually i realised if its going to happen it will happen, maybe not today, tomorrow or next year but if its right it will happen!

The best thing i found was to use all the anger, misery, stress etc etc and put it to good use, focus on something different, i used gym and getting fit and im a lot more focused, working more to buy more things i love like my bike!

everything takes time, if you have good mates they will help aswell i got some great mates who are good listeners etc, and are good drinkers aswell lol, get out and enjoy yourself, life is too short!

hope that kinda helps!

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:11 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLINWALL wrote:
aww that sick of crying bit made me feel for you
ive recently been dumped too and dont have any answers but im glad i dont feel as bad as you do.

maybe you shd try to get her back
maybe you shd try to get another girl
maybe you shd be on your own for a bit and enjoy your freedom

i dont know as ive got no idea for myself either

im glad u shared with us even if some insensitive prick comes along in a bit to take the piss

just ignore them they dont know the situation anyway

Well basically, we've decided, or rather she's begged me to get back with her. Had day off work today, had been feeling shit past few days even before this bollocks between me n her.

Ive said my points to her,

1. I want her to make her own descions, her family DO NOT make the choices for her.

2. Make time for me, friends & family etc evenly

3. At least go out together for a night out once a month or something, we've not had one proper night out since May 14th 2005 !!!!!!

Her points to me,

1. Stop being insecure, she isnt a cheat

2. Believe that she loves me.

So you reckon we should just take it step by step?

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 02:02 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i reckon u shd give it a go
i wd anyway

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:32 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just its coming up to our aniversary in April. I need to cure my insecurity, its not as bad as some lads, but it does affect how i am with her. Think ive finally got it into my head she aint no cheat, she's also been getting insecure,coz she thinks i dont love her.

Just reckon we should start a fresh, take things slowly and rebuild it, and just remind ourselfs of the reason we got together, and thats the attraction and how we can have a laugh with eachother?

TL666
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 06:22 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwfc4eva86 wrote:
Then got to gf's & Sisters party, all was fine up untill 11, gf kept dissappearing, so went to look for her and go bog see her with brothers mate, fort fair enough! she dint even let on to me when i walked by, not a problem too busy talking i thought. goes bog, comes back up, still talking, doesnt let onto me again, goes sits down talks to her bro, she comes back, so does he, he starts sitting nearer to her now. She dissappears again, he follows 2 mins later. Goes looking again, same thing happens talking at bar but this time his hand is on her arse ! So this really annys me, i didnt say a word, but a shouldnt of done what i did next, gets into bog, and punch the nearest thing i see, being a window!

Not being nasty mate but you'd do well to drift your girlfriend. How many times have you posted on here about how upset you are about this girl taking the piss out of you?
I know its hard but burying your head in the sand and ignoring the obvious is not the key to happiness.
There's loads of nice girls about. Don't let her do this to you Wink

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:54 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL666 wrote:
There's loads of nice girls about. Don't let her do this to you Wink

This is true, but also one of the hardest things to understand when you've fallen for a girl.
When i was in skool i was always going out with the girls who treated me like shit, for some reason i kept coming back, back then i seriously couldnt see the wrong in it...
There is loads of nice girls out there, just got to give them a chance to show up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is true that theres plenty of nice girls out there, but the thing is me and this girl have known eachother for a long time and wanted eachother for ages. I know she loves me, because she does show it, and the way she begged for me not go when we had this argument on saturday showed me alot.

I just cant help but feel insecure, i dont know where its come from?! its not as bad as it once but i don not want it to destroy, what has the potential to become a very good and long happy relationship. I need to get over that, and now she's finally showing some committment by making her own choices, not being bullied about by her Dad, and her thinking, that her family will think she's being selfish if she wants spend time with me.

End of the day, its never been us arguing over something we've done, its always been something like her family, other people interfering. Like her sister can not stop but interfereing with our relationship. She's been told, but she nearly fucked it up this time by shit stirring.

I do love her, and its given back just as much. Just want to stop the interferance and insecure feelings sometimes.

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 23:09 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate to hear the way you are feeling. Sounds to me like the family are siding with her as she has been up to no good. There is no way my gf would stand in the bogs talking to another guy and ignore me walking by. It shows no respect for you as a person. Splitting up is hard, but sometimes it is for the best. You would find some one else,and to be honest the feeling I get is she is up to no good. Why else would the family have a problem with you popping in to see her? Unless they thought that if by doing so you would see something you shouldn't.
Best of luck whatever you do, but just remember,just because you may be paranoid doesnt mean it isnt happening. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:14 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwaker6r wrote:
Sorry mate to hear the way you are feeling. Sounds to me like the family are siding with her as she has been up to no good. There is no way my gf would stand in the bogs talking to another guy and ignore me walking by. It shows no respect for you as a person. Splitting up is hard, but sometimes it is for the best. You would find some one else,and to be honest the feeling I get is she is up to no good. Why else would the family have a problem with you popping in to see her? Unless they thought that if by doing so you would see something you shouldn't.
Best of luck whatever you do, but just remember,just because you may be paranoid doesnt mean it isnt happening. Sad

Cheers to everyone for all the sensible replies and, no piss taking.

Thing is her family think, that im checking up on her, i went in her pub friday, because my mate wanted to see her, he'd never met her before, and just wanted to meet her. GF was fine about it, but her family wasnt. And thats what bothers me, her middle sister (19 so my age roughly) and her Dad are the ones who seem to have the most problems with me. Yes ive been insecure in the past, but ive never checkd up on her. I just want to get me and my gf back to normal and her family to accept, yes i may have been insecure in the past, but they're not giving me the chance to provee i can get rid of my insecurity.

j033y
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 07:00 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

well mate basically give it a couple of months and all will be looking better... my key points although harsh are true:

1. if your finished cos of family on her side i guess it was her who ended it and therefore it might be her nice young way of saying its not you its my family... when it might not be!!!!!!

2. If you are an insecure lad, now you have broken up and she may well have copped offf with another lad, how are you gonna feel getting back with her knowing she either has a may of and just not saying!!!

3. Its better to loved and lost than to not of loved at all... and i am speaking from experience here, i am 22 and just lost 4 months ago my gf of 5 years... believe me i know it hurts

You will get over her
You will feel better
You will move on quicker than you think

basically set a date say next week, and up to that date your allowed to cry winge moan scream watever about her, but after that day, put on a different tie, drive a differenbt way to work, snap out of the routine, keep your head up and dont let her get to you ...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1